Saturday, August 15, 2009

At Work

Here are some pictures I was able to get of some recent work events. And you even get to see my face in one of them!


Here is me making neem cream, a natural mosquito repellant, with the health group in my village. After making it the first week, they decided they would continue to make it every week and sell it by the spoonful to villagers. Success!



Close up on neem cream: soap, tea made from neem leaves, and oil. My next experiment is trying to make it smell nice by infusing the oil with basil or eucalyptus.




Gmelina stumps that we planted for One Man, One Tree village tree planting day. I think maybe 200 people came out to plant trees, and probably about 4,000 trees were planted that day.




Preparing the gmelina stumps.



Planting the trees.

3 comments:

Nora said...

Aw man, Annie. These are awesome. I definitely appreciate it!!! Gracias hermana.

jennyzhu said...

such cool projects!

Unknown said...

Neem cream - a great name and a great product for your future export business!

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog in no way reflect the attitudes of the United States Peace Corps.