Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Vacation in The USA

Well, I'm back from an almost-month-long trip to the good ol' USA. Here's a little recap of my whirlwind cross-country adventures:

Firstly: Four short days in California filled with eating, drinking, eating, drinking, and hanging out. Saw some faces I missed, went to my lovely, funny, soccer-mom filled gym, and got used to being back in the States.



Mexican food and IPA. Welcome back, Me!


These girls make California the great state it is.

Then, over to DC to check out my boyfriend on his home turf. We ate extremely large pizza slices, rode around in a convertible, and explored our nation's capitol. I remembered more things that are great about America: sushi, air conditioning, free museums (wait, actually, just MUSEUMS!), large open public spaces.




A short but sweet weekend, then back to California. My carbon-footprint has skyrocketed... Back at home, I made sure to soak up the best California has to offer. Went to a Giants game with the family. Sadly, I guess I am not their lucky charm.


Went to Davis to see my sister and all the scholarly things she has been up to. Being gone two years you really get to be out of touch. Now I'm caught up on tomato genetics and the food choices of Davis, California.



Look how grown up and pretty she is!

Then I said my goodbyes to San Francisco. More fun nights and days with friends. Saw my grandma and my mom's knee surgery scars, some days were cold, some were warm... sort of. The whole vacation was great, but the real reason I came home was to go to my college roomate Annie Chang's (well, Brewer now) wedding in Montana. So here I go again, off to another state. This time, the Mountains!

Another fun week followed, full of hiking, swimming, trampoline-ing, flower arranging, hula-hooping, and campfires. Montana was beautiful and full of fun, outdoors-y things to do. And I got to see my girls again!

I can't believe it's been two years since we've been together. We can still have a dance party like nobody's business. And seeing my friend Annie C. get married, well, I wouldn't have missed that for anything, so thanks to everyone who helped get me home. Now, one last push in The Gambia before I wrap up my life as a Peace Corps Volunteer!

2 comments:

jennyzhu said...

a real comment amongst the spam: can't wait to have you back for good, hopefully! unless jeff whisks you away to the other side of the country... :(

jennyzhu said...

a real comment amongst the spam: can't wait to have you back for good, hopefully! unless jeff whisks you away to the other side of the country... :(

Disclaimer

The views expressed in this blog in no way reflect the attitudes of the United States Peace Corps.